Effective Date: February 1, 2012
FamLoop is a private social network for families to stay connected and share content and information with each other. Our Service enables parents to keep track of their children’s activities on mobile devices that the parent has added to his or her FamLoop account. Before a child can participate in the FamLoop network, the parent must create an account and then create a profile for their child(ren), which is associated with the parent’s account.
Scope of this Policy
This Policy discloses how we collect, use and disclose personal information about FamLoop members 13 years of age and older, within the FamLoop network and its website, services and applications (collectively, the “Service”).
BY USING OR ACCESSING THE SERVICE, OR DOWNLOADING THE FAMLOOP APP YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
We offer members the ability to participate in social networking activities with their extended families including the following:
- Content Sharing
- Photo / Video Sharing
- Game Playing
We also allow parents to view and share with others information about their child(ren)’s activities on particular mobile devices that have been added to the parent’s FamLoop account. For example, a parent may receive a report that his or her child has read a particular story. The parent also may share this information with other family members of his/her choosing – members that the parent has invited to join his or her FamLoop network.
While the Service is intended for parents, children and other family members alike, it is intended to be used by children only with significant parental involvement and approval.
Information We Collect From You
Through the account registration and profile set up processes, as well as through your participation in the Service, we may collect the following information from members:
Account Set-up. When you create an account, we may collect your contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address and contact telephone numbers. We will also ask you to select a password for your account. If you would like to add a child’s profile to your account, then we will request your child’s name and age.
Other Profile Information. As you set up your FamLoop profile, we may ask for additional demographic or background information from you, such as your age, your nickname, your hometown, and the names of your family members.
Information about Family Members. You may add other FamLoop members to your network by designating them as family members or friends, and inviting them to join. When you do so, other members within your network will be able to see your profile information, including information posted by your child(ren) or information about your child(ren) mobile activities.
User Activities. We will also collect information about your activities while using the Service, such as the length of time you are logged in, the areas you visit, and the activities you engage in while logged in to the Service, and the content that is posted through our Service. This information is associated with your FamLoop username and may be combined with the personally identifiable information we collect from you.
Other Information. We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from users of the Service, including mobile device type and device ID.
We allow parents to control who may view the information their child posts or shares by controlling who is added to the parents’ FamLoop network. Parents will also receive e-mail notifications about their children’s mobile device activities.
How We Use the Information We Collect From You
In general, we use the information we collect for the following purposes:
1. to provide the Service
2. to send parents and others in a parent’s FamLoop network information on a child’s activities
3. to obtain verifiable parental consent
4. to respond to request or inquiries from parents, and for other customer-service related purposes
5. to enforce this Policy and or our Terms
6. to send emails to parents about information we think may interest them and to customize the information we send to parents, via email or otherwise
7. to improve the design, content and performance of our Service
8. to analyze usage and popularity of the Service
9. to customize the content we display
With Whom We Share the Information We Collect From You
We do not sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with any third parties. We may, under certain circumstance, disclose personal information under the following circumstances:
1. FamLoop Network. As noted above, the information a user posts as well as information about their child’s mobile device activities is shared with the child’s parents as well as other family members that the parent has invited to join his or her FamLoop network.
2. Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personally identifiable information and to only use such information for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us.
3. Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
4. In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
5. To Protect FamLoop and Others. We may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of our Terms or this Policy, or to protect FamLoop in litigation.
6. Aggregate, Anonymous or De-Identified Information. We may also share aggregate or anonymized information about children with non-affiliated third parties for advertising, marketing or research purposes. For example, we may share demographic information about children’s use of FamLoop-enabled apps with marketing partners and third party advertisers, which may be used to determine what types of advertising content to display. We do not share your child’s personally identifiable information with any third parties for marketing, advertising or research purposes.
Third Party Links
At times, our Service may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. Please note that such third party websites may collect information from you when you visit their websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
FamLoop takes your privacy very seriously and employs commercially administrative, physical and electronic measures to safeguard your information from identity theft and unauthorized access. FamLoop has taken steps to ensure that personally identifiable information collected is secure, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers as well as electronic security systems and password protections which guard against unauthorized access. Despite our efforts, no data security measures guarantee 100% protection. Please keep in mind that we cannot and do not guarantee that content posted through the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. We will post a notice when you log in to the Service if and when this policy changes to alert visitors that a new policy is in place. If we intend to use or disclose your child’s personal information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you via email and obtain your consent to such changes.
You may contact us at a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com